Student: Rachel Medlin
LA Teacher: Mrs. Jackson
1. One of my favorite books from when I was younger was the Mallory McDonald series by Laurie B. Friedman. It was about the main character Mallory and her life.
2. A couple of my favorite characters from books I've read include Cress and Thorne from Cress by Marissa Meyer. Cress and Thorne change throughout the story, for example, Cress was very shy at the beginning of the book but then she began to open up to people. While, Thorne was very cocky and overconfident in the beginning, he became more caring.
3. I can't just pick one, my two favorite authors are Kiera Cass and Marissa Meyer. If I could ask them one question, I would ask them what their inspiration was for their books.
4. A book I read that impacted my life afterwards has to be, Between Shades of Gray. It was very emotional and fascinating to learn how difficult it was for Lithuanians displaced to Siberian work camps during World War II.
5. I'm currently reading Heartless by Marissa Meyer, it just came out in November so its fairly new. It's basically about the Queen of Hearts before she became evil so an Alice in Wonderland retelling. In this story her name is Catherine and she loves to bake, but her mother has ideas for her daughter, she wants her to marry the king. However, Cath is just not interested, she would rather bake all day and be with a guy named Jest instead. What will happen in this magical, mad, whimsical world, well you'll just have to read it and see!